Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still Slacking...

So I know I haven't updated in a while. Life has gotten away from me and I find myself grasping at threads as they unravel. Good threads mostly - like my boys growing up but also threads of frustration - like my husband's promotion that requires him to be away from his family for three weeks per month. I suppose that is what life is all about though. Trying to hold on to the good stuff and try to let the bad slip through your fingers (though too often that is what we become tangled up in).

Anyway, I digress. Ayden is doing well! He is now three so he has therefore developed bargaining skills. Which is awesome in more ways than one. Mostly it is awesome when it comes to his food. I can now bribe him! WooHOO!!! I was never one to believe that food was a reward/punishment. I never believed that dessert was only allowed for children who could first clean their plates. But the fact that I can bribe Ayden into eating LASAGNA with promises of an M&M?!?!! You'd better believe I'm willing to use that to my advantage. The BEST part? Last Friday I was able to bribe Ayden into eating a FULL SERVING of green beans with.... PORK CHOPS! Yes, he loved the pork chops so much that he ate all that I gave him and asked for more. I gave him a bite sized morsel for every green bean he ate and before long, his entire plate was cleared (save for his rice, but hey, I'd take meat and vegies over a starch anytime - since the former are what he lacks and the latter is what he eats in excess).

He is slowly coming around. Sure there are still foods that he doesn't like and there is no amount of bribing that will work. Sure there are times when he gags on certain textures/flavors, but he doesn't use it as an excuse to stop eating.

He is doing awesomely and I couldn't be happier! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment